On Saturday 13th May 2017 at 7:30pm Burgess Hill Symphony Orchestra will present their Spring Concert at St. Andrew’s Church, Junction Road, Burgess Hill, RH15 0LG.
- Williams - Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Raiders March
- Williams - Schindler's List - I Could Have Done More
- Williams - The Terminal - Viktor's Tale
- Williams - Hook - The Flight to Neverland
- Williams - Jurassic Park - Theme from Jurassic Park
- Williams - Superman - Prelude & Main Title
- Williams - E.T. The Extra Terrestrial - Flying Theme
- Williams - Munich - A Prayer for Peace
- Williams - Memoirs of a Geisha - Sayuri's Theme / The Chairman's Waltz
- Williams - Star Wars Suite
This concert will be narrated by BBC Proms presenter Katie Derham.
This year we mark the 85th birthday of John Williams. Directed by Mike Wood BEM, the orchestra will celebrate this event with an exciting series of pieces from the many acclaimed film scores that he composed during his life. The programme has been expertly planned to showcase a wide spectrum of musical styles and emotions, from the tear jerking Schindler’s List ‘I Could Have Done More’to the magical Flight to Neverland from Hook, and the perhaps lesser well known jaunty theme from The Terminal. Fans of the Star Wars films are in for a treat too. This programme will appeal to all ages. Accompanied children are free.
Tickets are £14 on the door or £12 for tickets purchased in advance. Accompanied under 16’s free (ticket required). Purchase from the Burgess Hill Help Point, or call 01444 232067, or buy your ticket quickly and easily online at http://www.bhso.org.uk/box-office/.